1319 E. Jefferson St.
When Emmett Lewis, boss of the black musicians union Local 493, moved the union office to East Jeffersion Street, just west of 14th Avenue East, the place became an informal clubhouse with a tile floor that had one tile with the design of a blue musical note on it — hence the place’s vernacular name, the Blue Noe. Some legendary all-night jam sessions occurred there, often including touring musicians. Between them, Floyd Standifer and Elmer Gill remembered Johnny Hodges, Thad Jones, Sonny Criss and Lee Konitz dropping by. Afer the white and black unions merged in 1956, the club ceased to operate.
Jackson Street After Hours (print only). The Blue Note
Seattle’s Black Musicians’ Union A Pictorial History (printt only). https://www.historylink.org/File/10330